Sunday 14 March 2010

6 Months


Today, we have been here exactly 6 months. I can't quite believe it to be honest. In some ways it feels like we have been here much longer than that, but in others it only feels like we have been here a couple of months. I believe that we have settled in well, after the initial hell of my daughter hating school, she looks forward to it now (wonder how long that will last, if she's anything like me, not much beyond the age of ten I expect!). My husband is enjoying work, he's really busy and enjoying the challenge of working in a foreign environment. He has a natural talent for languages and can speak quite a lot of Danish already which is great and very helpful!! I have made new friends and pushed myself to do things out of my comfort zone, such as the driving etc. My three year old is still waiting for a nursery place, so for the time being we are enjoying each other's company with frequent trips to places like the Squarium Tarium and the library to keep us occupied! He has to accompany me to various school meetings and the like from time to time but I can usually blackmail him with a cup of milk and a croissant or a danish pastry! I can usually be blackmailed with a Danish Pastry come to think of it!

After an incredibly long winter (it snowed again briefly on Tuesday!), the promise of spring is definitely in the air, which is so nice! Where the snow is beginning to ebb away on the lawn, small yellow anemone type flowers are beginning to appear and I spotted catkins today too! The red squirrels are back too, they are a real novelty for us, we only have mangy old grey ones in London... Speaking of London, I do miss it, I really do, I miss having that familiarity and the ease of knowing a place inside out. We are getting there though with Copenhagen, and by the time we leave, I am sure we will know it really well, it's not that big after all! Of course, I also really miss my family, especially as my sister is about to have a baby any day now. I am going to attempt to do a mad-dash back to be with her, flights depending of course, I really hope this will be possible, with BA about to go on strike it might not be as easy as I had originally hoped. We will see what this week brings. Let's also see what the next six months bring! x

1 comment:

  1. You've put it really well - missing the familiarity and ease of knowing a place inside out. That's what I miss too, the familiarity...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you :)

 
Free Hit Counter