Friday 29 July 2011

Apple Snail


I bet you that this lovely Roman snail (apparently also known as an Aeble (Apple) snail in Denmark)is boasting to his friends abroad about what a fantastic summer he is having weatherwise this year. Masses of rain nearly every day, perfect damp and dreary conditions, plenty of half drowned leafy plants to munch on etc. The complete polar opposite of what I would currently like to be experiencing summerwise. Yes, that is one of my plants! Just remember that you are apparently edible Mister, and I have plenty of oatmeal to fatten you up a bit!

We were obviously spoilt last summer, it was so good (for humans!). We were on the beach almost daily and ate in the garden (ignoring the mosquitos) nearly every night. Not this year. Summer, you have just over two weeks left before the children go back to school to sort yourself out. I am not asking for boiling hot uncomfortable weather, just a little sunshine for a couple of days in a row would be nice, otherwise I might just move (!)... Thank you.

15 comments:

  1. weather, why are you so unpredictable? please give emma some sunshine to enjoy the summer with. just a few days, perhaps even in a row, please? x

    sheonad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheonad, you know what? My complaining appears to have worked. The sun is out and the day looks promising! Fingers crossed! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't get me started on weather. Here we are in a freak cold/rain storm when all I packed for our holiday were swimsuits...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm So Fancy - Oh no...what is going on this year?? Hope it improves drastically for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't bear them these little fellows, they're munching on my courgettes, my tomatoes and anything they can slide upon.
    Here here for a sunny ending to summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here here! Good luck with your veg! I think I am quite fascinated with these guys as they are so big, perhaps the reason they are called Apple snails in fact (it has only just occurred to me!!)... it's hard to hide when you are half the size of a granny smiths! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ughh...I HATE icky snails! This one is admittedly impressive though! It's a crapy summer here in Ireland too. We're lucky if we get 1 day of sunshine in a week...so you are not alone!

    I always like your posts/photos..must go put you on my blogroll ;-)

    xxJazzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks very sweet, how could you even think of eating him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jazzy, that's really kind! I have a friend in Ennis who has been telling me how bad the summer is there too, at least it's not just here I guess! :)

    Mummymummymum - I know he is far too sweet, even if he is a destroyer!! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab photo. I love the snail's perspective, just hope you get some sun and that the snails stay off the crops, who must be loving the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks AR, we are getting there with the weather slowly! I had to crop the bottom of the pic as the snail had left me a little "present" as well, but I am just fascinated by the size of them! Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emma, that is just gross... I can handle spiders but not snails... or slugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Frankie - but look at his cute little eyes....!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute photo...that snail looks like its really happy. Great shot! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Mama S. I like to think he was happy. Not so happy when I took him off my plant he was about to eat though, they move so slowly I bet it took him about 4 hours to get there! :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you :)

 
Free Hit Counter