Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Colour Grey


Has been the main shade of Denmark this past week or so. A few days of warmer weather (the heady heights of 6degC) has meant that a lot of the snow has melted away, exposing the layers of rubbish that had been gradually buried underneath. An army of litter pickers seemed out in force this morning, can't have it grey and dirty, that would make me homesick! I kind of miss the white, it made the days seem somewhat brighter, not that I think winter is by any means finished with us yet.


I had a good wander around the various side roads of the main shopping street Strøget this morning, many of which are more interesting than Strøget itself, I prefer Strædet which runs parallel, it's more original and there aren't many big chains, plus the street itself is more picturesque. I had intended to take a few pictures but the light was so rubbish, so you will have to settle with a picture of my brunch at Lakagehuset back on Strøget, fresh orange juice, bread and cheese, coffee and Danish pastry for 55DK (£6ish) a relative bargain by Copenhagen standards. I know I went against my usual rule of not eating Danish pastries unless I am with one of our guests. Needless to say I haven't quite started that diet yet, and it's probably their fault that I need to go on one anyway...

Things are really quiet at the moment, hence the lack of excitement in this post, and I for one am happy about that. It was so hectic last year, and these calm weeks ahead are just what we what the doctor ordered. We are also being much stricter about guests this year, as as much as it was nice to see people, having constant visitors can be quite exhausting! I have also decided to give up a voluntary post that took up quite a bit of time. This wasn't for a charitable cause, so nothing to feel guilty about, and I am looking forward to having slightly more time to myself, I think I am going through a selfish phase...

Anyway, I will leave you with this, spring's not that far off...see?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - thank you :)

 
Free Hit Counter